Thursday, May 6, 2010

Something in the Attic




There is something in the attic.
Shhh – there it is again.


The front door was locked
when I went to bed.

Why now?  When everything
was turning around.

There it is again –
a pounding sound.


Things will turn around.
They must.

It’s no doubt
the wind.

Some people keep a gun
in a nightstand beside the bed.

If anything harms my wife,
I’ll rip it to shreds, laughing.

I can be violent, see?
Just try me.

I never bother anyone,
and now this happens.

It’s more of a
scratching sound now.


I never fought in school.
Too timid.

Oh, if I were young again,
I’d show them who is boss.

Never start a fight,
but don’t hesitate to end one.


Wise words.
Easier just to be beaten.

It’s getting fainter.
Don’t you think?


Come on.
I’m ready for you.

I’d have that job at school,
if I’d fought for it.

Always weak.
Not now.

This is my time.
Things are changin’.

This is my house,
and no one invades.

I think it’s gone.
Listen --  Yeah, it’s gone.


Good thing.
I was ready to do some damage.





©2010 Til Turner

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for reading Sally. Gioia didn't like it at all. Oh well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Drew me right in and held me.
    Whew! The nothings that spark evaluations!

    ReplyDelete